Mystery Station to go HD in May using Renderon

jdcnow

While rummaging and piddleing around on the internet, I found this (pay attention and scroll down to the last comment, and the date it was posted):

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/50/855279?univpostid=855263&pview=t

I don't know just how credible this is or what station the guy who posted it works for. But if it turns out to be credible... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyone who knows anything, please weigh in and share.

I don't not know anything but, I think it might be WTMJ. Renderon largest client is the Journal Broadcast Group.Since WTMJ is the flagship station of Journal Broadcast Group it is most likey can be WTMJ.

Also I know that WTMJ set is HD-Ready and there graphics are glassy image campaign fit for HDTV.

I don't not know anything but, I think it might be WTMJ. Renderon largest client is the Journal Broadcast Group.Since WTMJ is the flagship station of Journal Broadcast Group it is most likey can be WTMJ.

Also I know that WTMJ set is HD-Ready and there graphics are glassy image campaign fit for HDTV.

Isn't Journal Group Renderon's ONLY US client that we know of? If that's the case, it sure is unfortunate.

EDIT >> Isn't KMIR/Palm Springs, CA the only Journal station left that still hasn't yet gone Renderon? I know it's a 100s market, and therefore a longshot of actually being true. But, stranger things have happened.

Well, if it's in the US, we know it has to be an NBC or CBS affiliate.

Forgive me, please clarify: Why not an ABC station or possibly a Non-O&O Fox affiliate (like WSVN or WVUE, for example)

Well, if it's in the US, we know it has to be an NBC or CBS affiliate.

Forgive me, please clarify: Why not an ABC station or possibly a Non-O&O Fox affiliate (like WSVN or WVUE, for example)

ABC and FOX broadcast in 720p, while NBC and CBS broadcast in 1080i.

Isn't Journal Group Renderon's ONLY US client that we know of? If that's the case, it sure is unfortunate.

EDIT >> Isn't KMIR/Palm Springs, CA the only Journal station left that still hasn't yet gone Renderon? I know it's a 100s market, and therefore a longshot of actually being true. But, stranger things have happened.

If I recall, KMIR had an interesting deal with RudeHoney where they recieved a new on-air look for cheap. The graphics aren't that old.

TMJ4 seems like the most logical choice in Milwaukee to flip first to HD... but maybe RenderOn has some clients we don't know about yet?

TMJ4 seems like the most logical choice in Milwaukee to flip first to HD... but maybe RenderOn has some clients we don't know about yet?

One could only hope ;D

Oh, how one could only hope.

Well I'm sure it's WGBA. :)

In all seriousness, I agree. It is probably TMJ4. I'd be surprised if it were any other station.

I do hope the package is similar to what they are using now, because it sure looks nice. That is really the only good thing about their newscast.

Wouldn't it be great if they brought back the "sailboat 4", though?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KNXV (ABC Phoenix) went Renderon and added HD newscasts in early June. Was this the station?

I checked out their website, and i really like those graphics. But i thought we said it was WDIV?

It wasn't WDIV because they didn't actually go HD with them. They are still stretch-o-visioning it on the HD feed from what I'm hearing. Although, the new set and graphics are HD ready, and the studio has HD cameras now.

Those ABC 15 ones are pretty awesome, the bug animation is quite nice, and the L3's are pretty cool, they kinda remind me of WWSB/WTVG's Giant Octopus graphics a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

KNXV (ABC Phoenix) went Renderon and added HD newscasts in early June. Was this the station?

It probably wasn't the "Mystery Station", but I am loving the graphics. Does anyone know the odds that sister Scripps ABC station WMAR would adopt the same/similar look once they go HD, if they haven't already?

Archived