WOW: Lucy Noland joins KNBC

first on fox

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy Noland is leaving KHOU in Houston and heading to KNBC in Los Angeles where she will report and anchor, though it hasn’t been announced what show she’ll anchor.

Noland had been co-anchor of KHOU’s main 5pm and 10pm newscasts since 2007.

http://www.mediabist...for-knbc_b12801

Just a wild guess, but they will probably put her on the weekends. Ever since Chris Schauble left for KTLA, I believe Robert Kovacik has just been filling in until they hired someone. I'm sure Robert would rather go back to reporting and fill in anchoring at Today in LA weekdays. Also whenever KNBC adds 'out of town" people to staff they usually put them on the weekends like they did with Andy Adler and Alycia Lane.

Oh, and a little off topic, on Saturday, NBC4LA News (so hard not saying Channel 4 News anymore) removed the flat screen monitor off the news desk.

Minor Update on Monday 7-11: They dropped the LA part of the name. The new voice over in the openings, anchors & reporters are just saying NBC4 NEWS.

Before:

eyetvsnapshot3my9.th.jpg

After:

knbcset072011.th.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture, I was running out the door when I noticed the change.

Also KNBC gave the newsroom a fresh coast of paint and added a lot of LCD monitors in there. I wonder why, since they are leaving Burbank and moving to the Universal City Lot in 2012

• 4 weeks later...

Archived