CNN's "In the Arena" cancelled

tw-804

CNN has canceled "In the Arena" - formerly "Parker/Spitzer" - as part of a shake-up of its evening schedule. "Anderson Cooper 360" will move to 8pm (after the new Erin Burnett show) and it will re-air at 10pm/ET. See the new schedule - which will begin in August - in the links below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/eliot-spitzer-show-cancel_n_891418.html

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0711/CNN_cancels_Eliot_Spitzers_show.html (includes memo)

The amount of turnover in CNN's primetime lineup over the past few years is simply remarkable. Off the tip top of my head: Greta Van Susteran, Connie Chung, Paula Zahn, Campbell Brown, Aaron Brown, Jeff Greenfield, Kathleen Parker, and now Elliot Spitzer. Not to mention the likes of Lou Dobbs and Larry King.

As far as I'm concerned, they're shuffling deck chairs... John King has done very little with the 7pm time slot, and hos fortunes aren't likely to change at 6pm. He seemed better suited for the State of the Union Sunday morning program. Anderson was making gains at 10pm against Greta and Ed, but now they're putting him up against the likes of O'Reilly, Olbermann, and O'Donnell? Good luck with that! And Erin Burnett is getting a plum pre-primetime slot. Remember those ladies I mentioned above? Yeah...

As you can tell, I'm not too optimistic about all this. On the bright side, Elliott Spitzer will be gone. Now they need to get rid of Piers Morgan and retool their entire daytime Newsroom program. CNN needs help and NOW.

/rant

Archived