BIG Changes in Tulsa

mark

According to the Tulsa World, some big changes are coming to Tulsa, specifically KTUL. A replacement has been named for Carole Lambert, who left the station Friday after 29 years. Her replacement at 6 and 10 p.m. will be morning anchor Kristin Dickerson.

But the big surprise (to me at least) is that Carole isn't the only one being replaced. Her co-anchor, Charles Ely (a station veteran of 22 years), is being moved from 6 and 10 p.m to a new 4 p.m. show that's supposed to be "different than the other evening newscasts." Longtime 5 p.m. anchor Mark Bradshaw will replace him at 6 and 10. Mark will continue to anchor at 5 with Latoya Silmon.

Plus, Sports Director Chris Lincoln will move from anchoring sports to "contributing the big sports story of the day."

Full story here: http://www.tulsaworl...D3_CUTLIN435499

Well, anyone else familiar with the market have any thoughts on this? Personally, I would have thought it wise to keep Charles at least on the 6 p.m. Maybe have Ely at 4, Ely/Silmon at 6, and Bradshaw/Dickerson at 5 & 10.

And I think I'll like the sports change, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how it works.

The article also metions Erin Christy (morning anchor) will be trading places with Deana Silk (weekend morning anchor) at KJRH.

Very interesting changes going on at 8. I'm interested in how "different" the 4pm is going to be.

I also wonder if a new look is also in the works as well? A new set would be nice.

A new set is MUCH needed. I think the graphics are exceptional, but tweaking the look wouldn't be a bad thing. And a new music package (they're currently using Gari's Eyewitness News. Right now the image (and format, not necessarily the content) is a little over-the-top, stereotypical local news-y for me (BREAKING NEWS!, weather all the time, Coverage You Can Count On). I wonder if they have plans to go HD anytime soon...

Archived