How Far Rick Sanchez has fallen?

bhratbrat

FIU's New Football Announcer Is... Former Disgraced CNN Anchor Rick Sanchez?

AOSAEITUEJNBMJD.20110727205956.jpgCue the dramatic music and breaking news graphic. Rick Sanchez is back in South Florida.

The controversial former local news anchor with a flair for the overdramatic that landed him on CNN is reportedly lending his voice to Florida International University football games this fall.

FIU's athletic department confirmed Sanchez will be in the radio booth during games this season, but did not release how much he will be paid or for how long he will call games.

Sanchez was fired by CNN in October after some controversial comments he made about The Daily Show host Jon Stewart and his employer.

But FIU hasn't let controversy stop it from hiring a big name with equally large baggage in the name of ratings.

Now Sanchez is back in the pond he started at, swimming with the likes of other former big fish like Isiah Thomas.

[That story courtesy of NBCMiami.com]

Here is the reaction from Awful Announcing

Here is the FIU Release

FIU's First Football Game is September 1st against North Texas.

Are you ready for some football

I'm not saying he's out. But he's going from CNN to a university that's football program is at best very laughable. The radio station they are on is not top 10, nor do I think its top 20 in the market. This is the same university that hired Isiah Thomas to be its basketball coach. Even though FIU has a higher student populace here in South Florida, they are not the prime rib of sports. THey are on the same level as FAU and other Sun Belt schools which is barely (and I mean barely) Division I.

Archived