Who should go?

Guest daleduke17

Guest daleduke17

Ok, I know I'm new here and, honestly, don't know a lot about the news. I do find the graphics, sets and personalities kind of interesting to watch, though.

As I was looking at a couple of threads on here, I came up with an idea for a thread of this question: Who should leave their station, as in retire or just plain quit?

I can only comment on one...and she drives me up a wall...but somehow she is knowledgeable and a heck of a following. Judy Fraser from WCIA (Champaign,IL). I know a few years ago there was a story about her using her clout to get rid of a weather girl who had covered for Fraser's leave of absense. To me, if you're that worried someone is going to take your job (if that was true) then it is time to hang up the boots and retire. Would there be large shoes to fill in C/U? Oh yeah.

But, that's my n00b opinion. :-p

WDSU's Norman Robinson and WLOX's David Elliot. Both are annoying to listen to and seem to be talking down to us "dumb" ol' southern viewers.

And welcome to the boards... may you continue to contribute, live long and prosper.

matt.

WTVT's Sarasota/Manatee reporter Ray Collins, comes off as and is a jerk.

WTVT's Lloyd Sowers and Deborah Bowden, dull weekend anchor team. Bowden is a total bitch, and when she was fired from Bay News 9, supposedly her mother stomped right down to the station and yelled at BNN for firing her baby.

WFLA's Keith Cate, comes off as a stupid, arrogant prick. I hate him with a passion.

I met Keith Cate when he was an anchor at WIAT in Birmingham... in person he was totally different than the way you described him.

matt.

WQAD- Robb Beltran (fill-in meteorologist)

KWQC- Mike Mickle

KWQC- Thom Cornellis

WHBF- Everyone!

WOW!! that guy sucks..when he filled in he was some 11 degrees or something off

I actually disagree at WHBF

I think they are all good people..except Kerry Hall... she is bad..and she is not a cool person (i have met her)

Mike Mickle and Thom should go

In Pittsburgh:

Wendy Bell- WTAE

I liked her as the consumer reporter, but she should have never been made a lead anchor over Sally Wiggin, Michelle Wright, or Scott Baker. Channel Four made a BIG mistake letting him go. He was the best at covering breaking news in the Pittsburgh market.

Kristine Sorensen- KDKA

She just seems so stiff and she doesn't seem to chem well with her co-workers. JMO

Kristine Sorensen- KDKA

She just seems so stiff and she doesn't seem to chem well with her co-workers. JMO

Agreed. WTF KDKA, sliced bread is more interesting then her. Hopefully she'll quit after she pops out another baby and husband, Marty, is runned out of town.

In Pittsburgh:

Wendy Bell- WTAE

I liked her as the consumer reporter, but she should have never been made a lead anchor over Sally Wiggin, Michelle Wright, or Scott Baker. Channel Four made a BIG mistake letting him go. He was the best at covering breaking news in the Pittsburgh market.

Kristine Sorensen- KDKA

Yes, Bell - well doesn't belong as a lead anchor.

And Sorensen, yuck! She really doesn't fit in on Pittsburgh Today Live, or any of the other spots she has either. I do like, however, KDKA's latest addition, Stephanie Watson, whom anchors weekend evenings, both on KDKA and Pittsburgh's CW, as well as a general weekday afternoon reporter.

Also - I noticed 'PXI has picked up Tyamkia Artist (spelling?), formally of 'TAE, as well as some other guy whom I say tonight at 11 (don't recall hi name) - but they both need to go.

Finally, WTAE needs to ditch all the very young reporters they've recently hired, Aaron Sakin and Ari Hait, they certainly don't fit the station, they're young, and are boring! I remember seeing Sakin a few years back in Wilmington NC (at WECT I believe), and Hait was employed at WPGH, before WPXI took over there. Just another reason I don't watch 4...

WTKR

Barbara Ciara - Annoying and likes to happy talk a lot. Puts too much "emotion" when she's reading. She's been with every station in the market since the early 80s and I think people are tired of her.

Kurt Williams - Also annoying, chit-chats with Barbara and the meteorologist.

Tal White - He's a fill-in meteorologist now, don't see him on as much, but he's really monotone and boring.

WAVY

Jeremy Wheeler - Weekend morning meteorologist, annoying voice.

Tina Kim - She came from WTXF and thinks she's still in a big market. Talks fast like every story is breaking news.

WVEC

I don't think there's anyone here that should go.

John Cater - KDKA

Marty Griffin - KDKA

Basically all of WPXI

I agree with all of that... except maybe David Johnson, Peggy Finnegan, and Darieth Chislom. They're the only good people at WPXI. I think they have a lot of potential.

I also think Wendy Bell should go back to mornings, or promote her back to her morning/noon spot, re-hire baker for just the noon newscast (Wendy and Scott have great chemistry on air) and move Sally back to the 6 and 11. I don't care who goes on at 5, just as long as it isn't Wendy. Wendy and Michelle have NO chemistry whatsoever, and it looks like they'd rather jump into a lake than spend time with one another.

And Marty Griffin... he should go. I thought he was ok in the beginning, but ever since he got his talk show and started doing obnoxious investigation reports, he's just gone downhill.

I also can't stand John Cater, he's not fit for an anchor. I can't watch KDKA when he's on, his presentation is just not at all what I expect coming from KDKA.

...And Sorensen, yuck! She really doesn't fit in on Pittsburgh Today Live, or any of the other spots she has either....

I say dump the whole show. If you're looking for a low... I mean no-budget local TV show, this is the trainwreck for you. The only people that could make me watch would be Larry Richert and John Shumway. They have great chemistry, and it's the closest thing the show has had to a workable set of hosts. Kristine just doesn't fit, and any single host doesn't fit. When you interview your website manager for the first feature interview of the show... you really don't have a budget and the show shouldn't be on television.

John Cater - KDKA

Marty Griffin - KDKA

Basically all of WPXI

I agree with all of that... except maybe David Johnson, Peggy Finnegan, and Darieth Chislom. They're the only good people at WPXI. I think they have a lot of potential

I agree, David, Peggy, and Darieth do have loads of potential, but WPXI holds them back.

I think it was a mistake of WPXI to recently let Yalonda Hawkins go...

Guest Milwaukee12

WTMJ: The ND. 'Nuff said.

WISN: Toya Washington. After a few years there, she still can't ad-lib, and I find that annoying.

Definately the ND, but Toya is good, IMO.

WTMJ: The ND. 'Nuff said.

WISN: Toya Washington. After a few years there, she still can't ad-lib, and I find that annoying.

I seond Toya... sorry, but she flubs her script so many times it's extremely annoying.

A backup nomination to Lance Hill... partially because he's so danged cheery while being fairly inept at his on-air presence. Also partially because I feel sorry for the dude getting to be the guy they always send out to show a guy standing out in the weather.

WITI: Almost the whole lot of them, but particularly Katrina Cravy. She has less charisma than my high school driving instructor.

Archived