KSDK changes to anchor lineups

T.L. Hughes

KSDK, Gannett's NBC affiliate in St. Louis, has announced that with the upcoming additions of a third hour to its weekday morning newscast, an hour-long 10 a.m. newscast and a half-hour 4 p.m. newscast on September 12, that it plans on changing its anchor lineup.

First off, Jennifer Blome and Art Holliday (who have been anchoring the weekday morning newscast for 22 years starting in 1989, undoubtedly one of the longest anchor pairings in American local television), will no longer anchor NewsChannel 5 Today in St. Louis together; Blome will still be on mornings, though Pat McConigle (most recently with fellow NBC affiliate WHEC in Rochester, New York) will become Blome's new co-anchor, while Blome will now become sole anchor of the noon newscast.

Meanwhile, Holliday will move to a "field anchoring" position for the 4 p.m. newscast, joined by Kay Quinn, who will anchor in-studio, and general assignment reporter Mike Rush, who will also be a field anchor.

On the changes, Jennifer Blome said in a station press release:

"I think our viewers are really going to like Pat. He is coming from Rochester, N.Y., but he brings with him plenty of St. Louis ties. Pat met his wife, who happens to be named Jennifer, while attending school here at St. Louis University. They're excited about bringing their five little girls back to St. Louis. Of course I will definitely miss Art, but I'm thrilled for his new assignment."

Archived