Can Charlie Rose Save The Early Show

Daybreak

It was sugested that ABC Jake Tapper to be the morning anchor. That wouldn't be a bad fit. Charlie Rose is a good journalist, but he since he is 69 I would not want to wake up at 4:00 every morning. Who would you want to see as morning anchor? I kind of knew that this team wouldn't last a year.

As was mentioned in a previous thread, their best bet would be to return the time to the affiliates. They've got "The Talk" to do their shilling for the entertainment division, there's no need for a third-rate morning program.

Even a third-rate morning show makes money for the network. I don't think the network would want to give that money to the affiliates.

I didn't like the affiliate/national format. They did had good ratings at one point when they had Maggie, Harry, Russ, Dave, and even Julie Chen. When the last ep fired them to bring in younger anchors, the dedicated viewers said that was enough and left. When Harry, Maggie, and Dave was their they viewing was around 3.01-2.93 millions. Now they got around 2.45-2.11 million watchers. When they saw that, they fire the ep and kicked Marysol (who is a good personality) off the show. Chris is doing double duty for WCBS. I hope they get some one good. Time will tell.

Archived