Global using NBC chimes?

radiodude

I live in Halifax, NS, and Global down here has started playing the NBC chimes during Cindy Day's weather forecast, when they change over to the 4-day or 7-day forecast.

it's driving me bananas, because to me it feels like they're stealing the sounder.

any other Global stations doing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Since when has Global had a 4 day forecast? I thought they dropped that a long time ago. At any rate, I haven't heard these "Chimes"...watched the Evening News with Jackie and Trevor tonight and there were no chimes in the forecast.

Since when has Global had a 4 day forecast? I thought they dropped that a long time ago. At any rate, I haven't heard these "Chimes"...watched the Evening News with Jackie and Trevor tonight and there were no chimes in the forecast.

I think they have the 4-day at :25 AND then do the 7-day closer to the end of the show to fill time. I don't understand why the 11pm news is an hour long. it's painful at times.

I guess it's just a Global Maritimes thing. thanks everyone for weighing in (I miss my digital cable).

I've noticed that too...came this close to bringing it up last time i voted for Pick A Kicker (of which the less said, the better).

It only airs during News Final.

Archived