NBC 10 finally gets HD graphics

Jess

As of the 11am news today, WCAU has upgraded their graphics. Note that I didn't say that they "updated their graphics" or "got new graphics". It's the same variation of Look C they've been using, with the updated stings and music.

But for the first time, 10's graphics are being generated by an HD-capable system. They look CONSIDERABLY sharper and nicer as a result. They're using animated elements that they weren't using before, such as animated double boxes, and the animations that were in the pre-HD version are much smoother than before.

Whether it portends new graphics or not, I can't say. But honestly it feels for the first time like I'm viewing Look C like I'm supposed to. It's a small change but having not-blurry graphics is a major upgrade for the station.

EDIT: Hey, look, pictures! You wanna go full size to get the effect. Left is old system, right is new one.

6234692047_47cd7637f6_m.jpg 6234691985_bcb25ea099_m.jpg

6234691927_e295aab504_m.jpg 6234691855_b2eb9c9848_m.jpg

Archived