WHTM-TV reporter Chris Cekot charged with assault

stevieboy247

WHTM abc27 reporter Chris Chekot was arrested on Sunday Night after he assaulted and threatned his girlfriend.

The York Dispatch)[/i]' date=' post: 73224"']

WHTM-TV ABC 27 news reporter Chris Cekot was arrested Sunday on two counts of simple assault and a single count of terrorist threats.

He is free on $25,000 unsecured bail.

According to his charging documents, the 30-year-old Cekot got into an argument with his girlfriend, who has a child with Cekot, that turned physical inside their home in the 400 block of Lewisberry Road in Fairview Township.

A third party called 911 about 9:30 p.m. about the alleged altercation.

Police arrived at the home to find Cekot's girlfriend bruised. She told police Cekot struck her after the two got into an argument about Cekot yelling at a football game on television, documents said.

The left side of her lip and left ear were swollen, the inside of her mouth was bloodied, and she had an abrasion on her left eyelid, police said in charging documents.

Cekot allegedly told his girlfriend that if he "saw flashing lights, (she) would be dead before anyone could get to (her)," the documents said.

An ABC 27 representative could not be reached for comment Monday night.

My opinion on this: I think he's gonna be fired by the station, No question about it. What he did to his girlfriend was just downright wrong and I don't think viewers wanna see a real creep like him reporting the news since he's already a part of a news story himself.

Archived