Introducing the NYC "General Discussion Threads" board

In an effort to clean up threads and keep them on topic, we're launching an experimental subforum in our most popular local board, the New York City board. The new subforum features threads for many of the NYC stations that can be used to post general questions or observations that don't belong in any other thread and are too minor to warrant their own thread.

For example, say you want to share an observation about an investigative report a station did, but the only "active" topic about said station is about it's new music package. While it may be tempting to post it in the music package thread, because that's where everyone is, doing so would clutter the thread and potentially start two conversations, one about the music and another about the investigative report.

If the investigative report was so wild that it deserves it's own thread, then by all means, post a new thread!

While we're not going to force you to post in these threads, we ask that you keep them in mind next time you have something to post. Doing so will help keep threads clear of off-topic clutter and make TVNT more enjoyable for members and guests alike.

This is just the first of many exciting changes and new features we have in store for 2012. Be sure to keep your eyes open for the next one, which should be coming later this month.

This is clearly anti-Linda Church Is Moving To Weekends discrimination.

But yes! Something needed to be done to address this. We should all do a better job of posting in appropriate threads or even creating new ones if it's a new topic. I'm just not sure that another board is the answer... But I thank you for trying something different!

This is clearly anti-Linda Church Is Moving To Weekends discrimination.

But yes! Something needed to be done to address this. We should all do a better job of posting in appropriate threads or even creating new ones if it's a new topic. I'm just not sure that another board is the answer... But I thank you for trying something different!

It was either this or throw all the threads into the main board as stickies. Now, I hate seeing that, so this was the next best option.

I wonder if you guys will also add "Station General Discussion Threads" for the other local boards?

Depends on how the NYC threads go. We'll be reviewing this all in a few weeks to see how things are going.

Archived