What are your thoughts on this SA package? It's a pretty good variation on the usual EWN (ironically, KLAS - an ABC station in the same market ALSO uses EWN), much more lighter, kinda seems like Impact V3 a bit.

If WLS were to finally give in to standardization, I personally think 360 would work better than the usual EWN NG...

KLAS is a CBS affiliate, KTNV is the ABC affiliate.

Yeah, KLAS uses Eyewitness News branding, while KNTV uses the Eyewitness News BRANDING. But - is it me, or does 360 sound like it has the EWN signature?

I think he meant that KTNV uses the music that is branded as Eyewitness news (EWN).Yes KLAS identifies itself as Channel 8 Eyewitness News, While KTNV goes by Channel 13 Action News. 360 does not sound like the EWN pack, they are not even made by the same company. The name of the package has nothing to do with how the station brands itself as. EWN is used mostly by ABC affiliates. To much confusion, the package should be renamed to the ABC affiliates package new generation.

If WLS were to finally give in to standardization, I personally think 360 would work better than the usual EWN NG...

Even though 360 is a very soothing package, It would never suit WLS or any station in the City of Chicago. It mostly suits the markets with some non-tabloid low-market, low-crime news. Like one of the station in Knoxville, TN would use the package with the exception of WBIR with their lovely celtic Heartland Package. I wouldn't be shocked if a few more stations use this package by the year's end.

I think he meant that KTNV uses the music that is branded as Eyewitness news (EWN).Yes KLAS identifies itself as Channel 8 Eyewitness News, While KTNV goes by Channel 13 Action News. 360 does not sound like the EWN pack, they are not even made by the same company. The name of the package has nothing to do with how the station brands itself as. EWN is used mostly by ABC affiliates. To much confusion, the package should be renamed to the ABC affiliates package new generation.

The same thing goes in the Bay Area. KPIX uses the Eyewitness News Branding but KGO is using the EWN Package. Even though the marketing name is "Eyewitness News", the title name is still the "The ABC O&O News Package" and on the Gari Site it's marketed as shockingly "ABC News". Now if we knock out KVOA which always used an Local ABC Package from Gari and give them the NBC Collection, and that NBC station in Madison, WI we'll be straight.

KLAS is a CBS affiliate, KTNV is the ABC affiliate.

Yeah, KLAS uses Eyewitness News branding, while KNTV uses the Eyewitness News BRANDING. But - is it me, or does 360 sound like it has the EWN signature?

KNTV is branded as "NBC 11" not EWN

360 is a good package it fits KLAS very well. I wonder when YBOM.tv will go up, it has been parked for about 2 weeks or so. Am I the only one seein the "coming soon" page?

Archived