WSOC getting new set

mike91

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is the day and here is the tour before the debut of the new set

http://www.wsoctv.co...9-studio/vdZgw/

Oh. Wait. So did they actually KEEP the old studio but BUILD an entirely new one just down the hallway a little bit, or was it some trick-er-roo of editing to just make it seem like they did? Cuz if they really did then wow interesting.

Oh. Wait. So did they actually KEEP the old studio but BUILD an entirely new one just down the hallway a little bit, or was it some trick-er-roo of editing to just make it seem like they did? Cuz if they really did then wow interesting.

It's a brand new set built in a separate studio where they filmed a children's program in the '60s and '70s. They were broadcasting in the now "old" set as early as today.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/24/3474074/channel-9-launches-new-look-on.html

The article also mentions that the new music will be a Gari theme--so it looks like they'll be using Image News outright unless (unlikely) it's a custom theme. Also, the opens were voiced by Scott Chapin, but with his semi-retirement, promos in recent months were done by a younger voice (don't know who). Recent promos have been voice by Bill Ratner so I assume he will be the VO in the new opens.

The new set and graphics debuted as scheduled. Definitely Hothaus graphics...the open reminds me a little of KCAL and WCBS before they picked up the standardized version. No overwhelming changes to the L3s and OTS...same font but they added some new effects and made them more rectangular. Logo is "thicker" and has an outline around it.

They did pick up Image News (with the "newer" cuts) w/ Bill Ratner as VO.

Video later...unfortunately I couldn't get my tuner set up in time so I had to record it on my phone.

Guest NewsHound

Graphics, new logo, etc. I absolutely love. Bill Ratner is a great voiceover as well.

Image News... eh. -.- It's not WSOC...

They also seem to use the same cut of music for every single open from what little I've seen so far. It's no Bold Branding News. If they were smart, they would have had BBN updated...that was their signature.

• 7 months later...

Archived