BREAKING: WISN Sports Director Arrested

Weeters

Dan Needles, sports director at Milwaukee's WISN, was arrested on Sunday on charges of domestic battery. According to a story posted to the station's website, the arrest came following an argument with his girlfriend. He has been released on bond.

His bio has been removed from the station's website at press time.

:o

Wow. I always liked Dan Needles. Then again, this shouldn't come as a shock, given that I listen to his antics every day on the D-List.

Speaking of which, this isn't just going to affect WISN on the news side. Dan also co-hosts the D-List on 540 ESPN as well as Sports Saturday with Drew Olsen, which just started it's second season 2 days ago.

That is *really* going to hurt WISN. Big time. Needles was by far the most talented person they had on the sports staff - quite possibly the best sports anchor in Milwaukee. Of who WISN has left, I prefer Stephanie Sutton, but even with her I'm not crazy about the way she delivers her lines... she does that OLD school sports thing of OVER-accenting of CERTAIN words THROUGHOUT her reports. And as for Dario Melendez - he tries, but he just comes across as very, very green, and stumbles over his reporting.

Man, WISN is not having any luck these days.

Edit: You think that Shelby Croft will move over to sports temporarily? She's done some sports reporting before, and I've seen a sports demo reel that she's had put together.

• 4 weeks later...

The Waukesha District Attorney is not issuing charges in the suspected domestic violence case against WISN-TV sports director Dan Needles.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/no-charges-to-be-filed-in-arrest-of-dan-needles-is73dgm-172375181.html

On this evening's WISN news at 10, anchor Kathy Mykelby announced that Needles would be resuming his duties at the station in the near future.

Archived