Were there any Asian anchors in NYC in the 80s and 90s?

nynewsguru

There is still a lack of Asian anchors in New York City today and I don't think there is any Asian male anchors so there's only Asian American women at the anchor desk but I was wondering if there were any Asian anchors back in the 1980s or 1990s.

I know Kaity Tong anchored at WABC and WPIX but was there any Asian anchors besides her?

Gay Yee was weekend anchor at WWOR from 1991-1993. Cindy Hsu joined Channel 2 in 1993 and was promoted to weekend anchor in May 1994 and she anchored the morning and noon news on CBS 2 starting in July 1996.

Nancy Loo was at NY1 from 1992-1994 and then moved to WABC in 1994 and joined the morning and noon broadcast in 1997 and anchored there for the rest of the 1990s and some time in the early 2000s.

Ti Hua Chang worked at WCBS and WNBC in the 1980s and 1990s and was the only Asian American male in the New York City market at the time.

Lucy Yang, Sasha Foo, and Pauline Liu were also Asian reporters in the 1990s.

Archived