Who was weekend anchor on WNYW/Ch.5 from 1994-1995?

nynewsguru

I tried asking this question on another website but nobody could give the answer so I'm going to ask her because I usually get good responses.

I believe that Lyn Brown was weekend anchor for some time in the early 90s and I know that Rosanna Scotto was weekend anchor in the mid 90s until she shifted to weekdays in early 1994. The next weekend anchor that I know of came in 1996 and that was Cynthia Santana who did weekends with Harry Martin in the latter part of 1996 so who did weekends from mid-1994 to late 1996?

Rosanna indeed anchor the weekend evenings news from 1986-1994. Mario Bosquez who joined the station in 1993 was promoted to weekend anchor a year later when the weekend anchor seat was vacated by Rosanna.

I too think Lyn Brown had weekend duties at some point but I think it was in 1996 when Carol Jenkins replaced her on the noon news because I recall her and Mario Bosquez anchoring together for a brief time.

The two moved eventually moved to Good Day New York when Cynthia Santana joined the Fox 5 news team in October of 1996. Harry Martin joined her from WABC-TV in May of 1997 so Cynthia solo anchored the weekend news from October 1996-May 1997. Linda Schmidt may have did weekends for some time in the 1990s also.

Archived