WOOD-TV Unveils New Set

TennTV1983

It really is a beautiful looking set, and I absolutely LOVE the weather center and where it's located, however I only have two beef's with it......

1) the main anchor set looks....incredibly bland. I don't like how the duratrans are only printed graphics and only two graphics.

2) I wish there were five monitors in the desk, because seeing their logo off set to the left is REALLY annoying, especially to me since I'm practically OCD about things being straight and/or centered. (hell, almost every time I use Powerpoint I have to turn on the grid lines)

What's interesting is that the Storm Team 8 24 Hour Tracking Center is not even integrated within the main set, like most stations, but in-between the set and newsroom.

Actually, the newsroom is downstairs from the 'studio and a half'.

The weather area (the half) were originally offices w/ outside windows, across the hallway from the news studio. Several years ago, LIN dropped a boatload of money to kill the hallway between the offices and studio, convert the offices to wx use and connect the 'half' to the 'studio'.

As an aside, the refresh occured in two weeks while all newscasts were decamped to an OB (Outside Broadcast).

The station promoted the updated set in promos as "If you build it, they will come back" meaning the news team.

Tho as the long time number one ratings for the station over the last year or two have taken a serious hit,

A case could be made that the stations "consultants" based in Iowa (strangely enough) used the "If you build it" line not for the anchors,

but for the viewers who have bled away.

/Lives one block from the studios.

Archived