Network Evening news sets

SevenHD

I would say that out all of the three main networks ABC's World News has the best set. I liked how they made it more colorfull by adding the red and blue last January. Before that it was a bit plain looking. Does anyone know if the backroung behind Charlie is shot from a different angle or is it a fake one like NBC used. It looks real to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they started that using that backround when the new graphics came. When Peter Jennings was on they would use a backround of the world.

I actually liked the graphics package and desk that they had up until January 2006, before Bob and Elizabeth were named co-anchors.

The background behind Charlie is a shot of the newsroom that's looped on the giant television screen behind him. The newsroom is actually not that far away...just a few feet to the left and right of where Charlie is sitting.

The National's set is nothing special at all and it's old (2001). Besides, you only see the National's set in the opening and closing studio shots, the rest of the newscast is a chroma-keyed virtual set. Cheap.

Archived