Miami CW affiliate, WSFL, to replace WPIX on Dish Network National Feed?

Guest NewsHound

Guest NewsHound

I came across something rather interesting tonight. I was going through the program guide on Dish Network and saw the WSFL-TV programming schedule in place of the typical WPIX program schedule on Channel 251.

Dish Network offers WPIX nationally on channel 251 to those markets who don't have an active CW affiliate on satellite, cable-only, or digital subchannel CW stations.

When I turned to channel 251, it was still WPIX. Instead of Everybody Loves Raymond that was listed at 10pm, it turned out to be PIX 11 News at Ten.

Dish Network has a tendency to "see the future" when it comes to guide changes, which makes me wonder if Miami's CW station will be returning to the Dish Network national feed on channel 251. The last time the station occupied that spot, they were known as WBZL and was still a WB station. The national feed changed over to WPIX a few short months before the CW's launch, and remained there ever since. It is unclear as to why the Miami feed was dropped.

It seems as if it will be replacing WPIX on Dish channel 251. Either that, or the guide made a huge hiccup. Anything is possible at this point. I will be sad to see WPIX go if this is the case, I was just starting to look forward to the station maybe rebuilding itself.

Archived