How did Jesse Gary get hired by NBC10?

TVNewsAnalyzer

He was the same way at KTLA, did not really fit in well with them at all. He lasted less than a year, then he just disappeared about a year (or so) ago. I'm amazed at how he was able to land in a top ten market in the first place.

He was the same way at KTLA, did not really fit in well with them at all. He lasted less than a year, then he just disappeared about a year (or so) ago. I'm amazed at how he was able to land in a top ten market in the first place.

Blame KRON. They hired him during their mass on-air talent exodus in late 2001, when everyone was jumping ship left and right due to the impending loss of the NBC affiliation. He lasted a few years there (I think his departure coincided with the transition to VJs) and then started freelancing at KTVU, strangely enough. I think he left for LA in 2008-ish.

Funny to see he's bubbled back up on the East Coast.

Interesting you guys have that impression of him. On KRON at least in the early days he came across as a very genuine, no nonsense reporter who generated his own stories. At least there he was refreshing, but then I think 90% of local reporters today are overly polished to the point of losing credibility.

Archived