One of Abilene's Nexstar stations, KRBC, is tearing down their set and preparing for new one.

Big Country News

Abilene's NBC affiliate, KRBC, is getting a new set. Anchor Megan Dobbs posted this on her Facebook page:

"tonight will be Randy Turner's and my LAST NIGHT on the KRBC set! After tonight, work begins on our NEW SET! While we are sad to see the old one go, we are greatly looking forward to broadcasting from our new one and can't wait to see what it looks like!"

For now, KRBC will be broadcasting from the 'temporary set' in their conference room. KTAB (also a Nexstar station) recently updated their set and it was only a matter of time before KRBC updated theirs. KTAB also updated their graphics when they debuted the set and KRBC may follow suit.

(UPDATE: Set to be debuted in January)

614580_10151267833024909_569128516_o.jpg

(Anchor, Randy Turner, tears down weather center set)614358_10151267866029909_359252584_o.jpg

(Workers install temporary set)

It's for the best... That set's been there since the late 90's at least, with only changes to the duratrans and the addition of a monitor to the front of the desk during that time.

I remember the first version of it, and it looked pretty good when it came out, as did the graphics . They tossed most of anything having to do with the "NBC 9 News" look after a few years, unforunately.

My guess is KRBC will get the treatment Nexstar has been rolling out for it's other NBC affiliates - including nearby KFDX, which debuted about a week after KTAB's new look. Similar set & graphics, etc...

In fact, the set currently used for KTAB4u (4PM News) is probably going to be shared due to the multicolor design, and the clearly NBC-inspired graphics are already appearing on the KTAB (CBS) side for that specific show.

As for KTAB's set... meh. The one they had from MBD was better than the current one IMHO. Well, minus the weather area... the newer version looks better.

My guess is KRBC will get the treatment Nexstar has been rolling out for it's other NBC affiliates - including nearby KFDX, which debuted about a week after KTAB's new look. Similar set & graphics, etc...

The Question is whether they will broadcast in HD. Several members of the news team have said that there will be a new "Digital KRBC". I guess the same goes for KTAB, but we'll just have to wait until January.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

UPDATE: Weekend anchors confirm that the new set will be "Colorful"

This suggests that KRBC might get LOOK G, as many other Nexstar NBC stations are getting. I just hope that they don't get something similar to WFMJ's set, which in my opinion, is a little much.

You hit the nail on the head. Although, I would like KRBC's set to be calm and actually look remotely similar to the design of LOOK G.

UPDATE: Weekend anchors confirm that the new set will be "Colorful"

This suggests that KRBC might get LOOK G, as many other Nexstar NBC stations are getting. I just hope that they don't get something similar to WFMJ's set, which in my opinion, is a little much.

You hit the nail on the head. Although, I would like KRBC's set to be calm and actually look remotely similar to the design of LOOK G.

Again, the guess would be for the KFDX set.

Here are some example screen caps from some newscasts I recorded earlier in the month...

KFDXSet_zps1b2c5a7f.jpg

KFDXWeather_zpsf63c17cc.jpg

KFDXInterview2_zps7cf802e8.jpg

KFDXInterview_zpsa7c8f105.jpg

When it's used for KJTL, the FOX affiliate, they just shift to the stage-left portion.

KJTLSide.jpg

Archived