A New Station Group is Forming.

CircleSeven

TVNewsCheck & B&C states, that Former Executives at New Vision Television wants to go back into the TV Ownership Biz. As you all know, New Vision sold it's company for the third time to LIN TV last May. Instead of calling it New Vision IV, they will be calling this new company Alchemedia. The new company will be based in Atlanta, the same place as the first incarnation. Jason Elkin, who was involved in the last incarnation, will not be involved in this new venture. But his next of kin, Dennis Elkin will be.

Nexstar has announced last year that were planning to sell some of it stations. I don't know if they will follow through on that. Barrington is ready to divest its company. And we don't know if Tribune will break up its broadcasting arm. Should that be the case in any event mentioned, it would be a great opportune time for this new venture to get some stations, since the big companies want to takeover some of the smaller companies. Sinclair & Nexstar has ran that gauntlet for over a year and they really need to slow their roles.

Atlanta? Maybe they can buy WGCL from Meredith and actually make it into a good station. Invest in the community! ;)

But yes, with all these different station groups selling stations, Alchemedia has the potential to make an early name for itself. It just needs to remember three things: watch out for the Bill Careys of the world, don't go buy-happy like Sinclair/Nexstar, and invest in its stations.

Those are my two cents.

Atlanta? Maybe they can buy WGCL from Meredith and actually make it into a good station. Invest in the community! ;)

But yes, with all these different station groups selling stations, Alchemedia has the potential to make an early name for itself. It just needs to remember three things: watch out for the Bill Careys of the world, don't go buy-happy like Sinclair/Nexstar, and invest in its stations.

Those are my two cents.

Picture this for example: If Alchemedia would purchase WATL from Gannett and WGCL from Meredith, picture this: WATL: CBS 36 and WGCL: CW Atlanta or Atlanta's CW. WATL would diffidently start a strong news operation, move all the WGCL staff to WATL, hire new anchors, add a sports department, and produce a 10pm newscasts for channel 46 to go head to head with FOX 5 Atlanta.

My two cents as well.

Archived