TMZ reports ABC's Chris Cuomo may join CNN

AndrewPollard_

TMZ is reporting that ABC's Chris Cuomo, currently co-host of 20/20, may be leaving the network to join the cable network. The new chief Jeff Zucker has been eyeing him as a co-anchor of a potential late-morning program, possibly with OutFront anchor Erin Burnett (who hosts the 7pm show).

This is may be the third ABC personality to leave and jump to CNN, after John Berman departed last year to anchor Early Start and Jake Tapper also left last year to be the network's Chief Washington Correspondent and anchor an afternoon show in a few months. Sharyn Alfonsi left ABC for Showtime's 60 Minutes Sports earlier this month.

Cuomo joined ABC in 2000 and originally was news anchor at GMA from 2006 to 2009 before moving to 20/20.

I thought Zucker was going after people at NBC.

it wouldn't surprise me..wasn't he all pissed off when he didn't get the GMA spot?

Yeah he was. I was actually hoping he would get it. He was great as news anchor and would've been great as main co-anchor. His straight-laced personality and Robin's free-spirit personality would mesh perfectly. And I still don't understand why George S. (not gonna try) got the job while he had a great job at This Week.

Archived