Hubbard acquires Albany's WNYA

CircleSeven

I guess since Sinclair has the world's first television station WRGB & CW station WCWN, and Young having WTEN & tag-team partner Shield Media's Fox station, WXXA, why WNYT has to be left out in the cold without another station to play with?

So the B&C has posted today that Hubbard Broadcasting has announced that it will acquire MyNetworkTV affiliate WNYA from Venture Technologies. They didn't announce how much Hubbard is paying for this MyNetworkTV station. Well probably find out when they file the paperwork to the FCC, as they'll wait for their approval.

I'm glad I'm hearing a different station group buying a station and not that other two that have been running the gauntlet in buying stations left and right. You know who I'm talking about, one is already in the market.

EDIT: The ball really dropped with the announcement of yet another acquisition news relating to one of those groups a couple of hours later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived