Getting into the biz...

ctmajka

So, I realize that there are quite a few industry professionals that roam the halls of TVNT, and I have an inquiry for you:

I love composing, and I love news music....so, I'm trying to start composing news music and radio station jingles professionally. Problem is, I have no idea where to start, and a lot of the "professional" composers I've talked to didn't seem to want to give me any help, as if it's not worth their time. I don't think my stuff is bad, I just need some sort of direction.

So, for anyone who may be in the position to make the decision of choosing news music, or know how that process works, what's the best way to get a stations attention? What is a reasonable amount to be charging a station?

I'm already promoting a lot on Youtube, and now back on here, but I feel like more can be done.

Here's a demo of a completed basic package I've composed

https://soundcloud.com/ctmajka/intrepid-news-music-package

I'm working on 2 new packages, one called Finale, and the other Storm. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

You "synced up" this music on YouTube to a graphics package I actually was part of creating for an affiliate. Your music sounded much better than what we ended up using. I have a freelance company that designs syndicated graphics packages... maybe we could help each other out? PM me and lets talk.

Archived