KMSP New Set?

MonkeyFighter

Doubtful.

It's likely that they are installing the new LED lighting grid in the main set/studio. We have them in Houston: waiting to be installed in studio A and already in use at the newsroom desk, cyberfox desk, newsroom weather center, stand-up areas and in the portable light boxes.

They were supposed to be installed in Studio A in the fall...then January...now I haven't heard the latest. But if my guess is correct, and they're working on them at the other O&Os (Fox Chicago was broadcasting from their newsroom the day the gfx updated premiered there, which I'm guessing was related to lighting work) then Houston's probably going to happen before May.

The new lighting won't likely be not a noticable change to viewers (the lighting is just much brighter natural white, and more energy efficient), unless they're using a portable studio camera in between the two different light temperature environments. Which happened in my 4am show one day right before Christmas. One of the directors forgot to change the iris setting, so during the first :45 seconds of the show, my anchor and meteorologist were a weird shade of orange (our portable studio camera comes from the 2nd newsroom camera pedestal, and is normally set for the new lighting there).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a decent set. It is a little reminiscent of some of the sets Devlin constructed over the past year for a few of Sinclair's stations. BTW, the video of the construction time lapse doesn't show a weather center on the rebuilt set. Is it in a different part of the studio or in another part of the KMSP/WFTC building now?

Archived