Who anchored at WPIX in the 1980s?

nynewsguru

I know the station had two newscasts called "USA Tonight" and "New York Tonight" and the news was called International Network News but all of the videos have different anchors and they are the same year and on weekdays.

Did WPIX run on weekdays and weekends then and who were the anchors from about 1985-1989?

It's actually Independent Network News, and Brad Holbrook and Sheila Stainback anchored USA Tonight. New York Tonight had at least one anchor, Donna Hanover, and (from the News Music Archive) Marvin Scott and Mary Garofelo (not sure whether this was weekend or not, it was branded Channel 11 News). That's all I've been able to dig up.

INN: If I remember correctly, It was Morton Dean and Pat Harper from 1985, then after Pat left for WNBC around April 1985, Mort became the solo anchor till he left for ABC News in 1988. Weekends was Brad Holbrook, but was INN weeknight anchor in 1984. Marvin Scott did INN Midday. Yes, WPIX had newscasts on Weekdays (INN Midday) and weekends. There was a nightly 7:30pm INN that was live locally which Brad Holbrook and Sheila Stainback or Donna Hanover anchored together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Network_News_%28US%29

Archived