KSWB Questions

Bsean

So after watching KSWB this morning, a few questions surfaced:

1. With this "Made for San Diego" campaign, is it possible KSWB has new graphics in the works that are to mimic the new FOX O&O graphics. I only ask because of the simplicity of the campaign (simply a white background with red or black lettering) and the fact the "FOX 5" is written out like horizontally like in the new FOX O&O L3s.

2. What is the status of Loren Nancarrow? He had brain surgery late last year and has been off the air since. Also, in the "Made for San Diego" spot for Jenn Karlman says she's on 5, 6, & 10 which had not previously been the case. Since KSWB does not have bios for their on air personalities on the website anymore, it's hard to tell when people come and go. But there is still a link to Loren's "Going Green" segment. (Also note Loren is not in the new campaign, not that that means anything).

3. Has Brad Wills been permanently moved to weekday mornings as a reporter? I have only been watching KSWB weekday mornings and he has been on consistently for a while now. Has Kyle Hunter taken his weekend weather slot. The few times that I have seen the weekend show it has been him.

So after watching KSWB this morning, a few questions surfaced:

1. With this "Made for San Diego" campaign, is it possible KSWB has new graphics in the works that are to mimic the new FOX O&O graphics. I only ask because of the simplicity of the campaign (simply a white background with red or black lettering) and the fact the "FOX 5" is written out like horizontally like in the new FOX O&O L3s.

2. What is the status of Loren Nancarrow? He had brain surgery late last year and has been off the air since. Also, in the "Made for San Diego" spot for Jenn Karlman says she's on 5, 6, & 10 which had not previously been the case. Since KSWB does not have bios for their on air personalities on the website anymore, it's hard to tell when people come and go. But there is still a link to Loren's "Going Green" segment. (Also note Loren is not in the new campaign, not that that means anything).

3. Has Brad Wills been permanently moved to weekday mornings as a reporter? I have only been watching KSWB weekday mornings and he has been on consistently for a while now. Has Kyle Hunter taken his weekend weather slot. The few times that I have seen the weekend show it has been him.

The Made for San Diego graphics seem like they are just for the image campaign. I thought it was interesting to see that Loren was not featured in the promos, he did make an appearance on the FOX5 morning news with Kathleen and his wife Susie a few weeks ago. I think eventually he will be back, but who knows when, an article in UT San Diego's website mentions that he only is expected to live between 1-3 years. Very sad. In regards to Brad Wills, it looks like he's there to stay in the mornings as there is a job listing for a weekend weather person. Kyle Hunter, as it looks is just filling in. Also, I would venture more to new graphics looking like the updated weather graphics that debuted a month + ago. At this point, its anyone's guess whether they will change this year.

Archived