What the heck is happening at CBS 4 Miami?

WXmanTim

Both their chief meteorologist and weekend meteorologist are leaving and they're replacing a long-time anchor with a former Fox News-er.

Maybe CBS News is getting an in-house weather department. Both meteorologists mentioned are #1 and #2 to go to on CBS This Morning and CBS Evening News if there's a big weather story.

Aren't their evening ratings continuing to slip? I know their ratings are continuing to skyrocket in the mornings, largely thanks to power duo Rhiannon Ally and Josh Benson. I think they want to replicate that in the evenings. In order to do that, they have to get rid of people and bring in young, fresh faces, like they did in the mornings.

Maybe CBS News is getting an in-house weather department. Both meteorologists mentioned are #1 and #2 to go to on CBS This Morning and CBS Evening News if there's a big weather story.

Doesn't seem that way. Berardelli is going to WPEC, and Bernard's status is up in the air.

WFOR is doing clean house in the evening. They still haven't announced a co anchor yet to replace Shannon Hori. I finally thought Cynthia Demos was going to get the job she been itching for since Maggie Rodriguez left but I guess management has a different agenda. This is the second time WFOR demoted Elliot Rodriguez for a younger guy (The first was of course Antonio Mora). All I can say CBS as a whole is going through this problem. A lot of their top stations have at least one anchor slot available that been vacated for months. I don't know all the specifics but CBS need to get this mess together because I am really confused at whats happening at all of their stations that I been a devoted fan for years.

Aren't their evening ratings continuing to slip? I know their ratings are continuing to skyrocket in the mornings, largely thanks to power duo Rhiannon Ally and Josh Benson. I think they want to replicate that in the evenings. In order to do that, they have to get rid of people and bring in young, fresh faces, like they did in the mornings.

Their evening ratings have been virtually nothing. They've been hovering in 5th or 6th place territory.

It's like half the CBS O&O stations these days are having anchor problems, from possibly fake videos (KYW) to a highly publicised arrest (WCBS) and all around, the stations are starting to get mushy like a 2-week-old apple. :puke:

Doubt it. Although you are right, if Beradelli is moving to WPEC than more than likely they could use him in that situation.

Their evening ratings have been virtually nothing. They've been hovering in 5th or 6th place territory.

That has been the case for the longest time. Through no fault of their own, but when you got WSVN as a 1,000,000 ton gorilla down here on the english side of the house plus the Spanish stations being #1 and #2 respectively. In fact I think it breaks down as Telemundo 51, Univision 23, WSVN 7, WTVJ 6, WPLG 10, and then WFOR 4 as the ratings battle is down here. Miami amongst other major markets (and its been discussed before) is a unique market with a very high influx of hispanics in the population. That is why there is not just Telemundo and Univsion, but also MundoFOX, MegaTV, and other networks aimed at Latin American population doing very well down here. Just a true fact of life here in South Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived