WVEC new set... again

Ntropolis

Maybe a switch to HD?

Seems like it will happen. They've been getting bits-and-pieces of new equipment (they just got some new Studio Cameras a few weeks back). It's long overdue for them. Their video quality (or overall product quality, really) doesn't even come close to matching that of stations like WAVY...

From what I heard, Belo really treated WVEC like garbage, with no help from their former GM. They have a new GM who came in about a year ago, and they thought it was unacceptable that the station wasn't in HD.

Maybe a switch to HD?

Yep... VARTV.com reports the station will launch Saturday at 6.

I always thought the current set was HD-ready but maybe they just wanted a change. From what I can tell on the studio cam, they're dismantling the set and using it at the same time. Will be interesting to see how they'll go about it throughout the week. It's a welcome change... I always thought the set was a bit cold (think Today Show)

Archived