FNC Studio E Updated

Big Country News

The studio which 'FOX & Friends', 'Your World', 'Red Eye', 'ANHQ', and a few 'Cost of Freedom' shows uses hasn't been used on-air since Friday. On Friday, the F&F crew mentioned that they would be getting a new couch, but we have not been updated on whether any other updates would be made. Studio E hasn't be updated since before the 2008 presidential election, and it shows, so any updates would be welcomed.

Anybody have any comments or snippets to add?

I've located a construction permit that may shed some light on what's going on here. What's interesting is that

• The documents were first filed in 2010 and the permit was finally issued this year.
  • The forms say the work is to create a "A new PA [Place of Assembly] space for TV broadcast with audience"
  • The "Place of Assembly" document calls it Studio D, which theoretically should already exist as a PA space and thus not need a new permit.

I'm wondering if the plan is to make current-Studio E the "audience studio" and rename it Studio D. It would make sense, considering FOX built current Studio D almost 10 years ago, so perhaps the lease is up and they're consolidating the studio space. Since there is a grand total of one daily show and one weekly show in Studio D, I could see why they would want to.

• 2 weeks later...

they are expanding FOX business channel in some way. They have taken over the Charles Schwab space below their upstairs street view studio and cover the windows with "Fox Business Is Expanding" signage. It could instead be used for fox news channel in theory

• 3 weeks later...

Flipped FOX and Friends on just in time to see them finish up a time lapse video of the construction. Here's a few quick shots.

It looks like there's a LOT more studio than there was before. I've never watched FOX and Friends much but from the clips I've seen, it definitely looks a lot more roomy.

Flipped FOX and Friends on just in time to see them finish up a time lapse video of the construction. Here's a few quick shots.

It looks like there's a LOT more studio than there was before. I've never watched FOX and Friends much but from the clips I've seen, it definitely looks a lot more roomy.

Thanks for the pics Weeters

Archived