When did Jennifer Joyce from WPVI join Fox29???

NewsNut

I happen to be watching 29 News tonight by a accident and noticed that Jennifer Joyce transitioned to Fox29. How long has she been there? I didn't even realize she wasn't on ABC6 anymore.

This seems like a great site by the way

I was also shocked to see Jennifer Joyce pop up on Fox 29.

To understand why this is shocking, reporters on 6ABC tend to stay at 6ABC. If and when they depart, it's usually for other markets. Defections aren't just rare - they're practically non-existent. The only examples I can think of are Dave Frankel and Marc Howard - and those two were off 6 for months before they resurfaced at KYW-3.

So to see a reporter from that station - even if she wasn't top-tier - just randomly appear on 29 is really jolting.

Just making an educated guess, Joyce was probably a casualty of the recent Disney/ABC cuts. Probably will work out in the end for her, as she'll have more exposure on the smaller station.

I was also shocked to see Jennifer Joyce pop up on Fox 29.

To understand why this is shocking, reporters on 6ABC tend to stay at 6ABC. If and when they depart, it's usually for other markets. Defections aren't just rare - they're practically non-existent. The only examples I can think of are Dave Frankel and Marc Howard - and those two were off 6 for months before they resurfaced at KYW-3.

So to see a reporter from that station - even if she wasn't top-tier - just randomly appear on 29 is really jolting.

Just making an educated guess, Joyce was probably a casualty of the recent Disney/ABC cuts. Probably will work out in the end for her, as she'll have more exposure on the smaller station.

I can't put my finger on it but something about her doesn't seem right

It looks like she officially joined the station two weeks ago, according to this article.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/television/Hessedal-Joyce-jump-to-Fox-29.html

It's too bad though that I don't get Fox 29 on my Comcast service here in Lebanon County.

Well she must have one hell of a network to land a job that fast

Archived