Hint at new Fox Sports graphics?

Spring Rubber

We've all seen the new ticker that debuted along with the launch of Fox Sports 1, but with the start of the NBA season, that design is starting to creep into the game broadcasts themselves:

oXnU5DJl.jpg

So far, that's the only sign of the new look in the game broadcasts; all of the other graphics still retain the 2010 design, but I have a feeling that this design is going to be going full-time across all Fox Sports properties very soon. The 2010 design is at the end of its cycle, and honestly, I'm amazed we didn't see this new design across all Fox properties at the start of the NFL and college football season. I'm guessing that the graphics weren't finished in time or something.

Local FSN NBA telecasts seem like a weird place for Fox to debut a new look, but that's probably why the other in-game graphics haven't been updated yet. My bet is that the new design will go full-time on Fox starting with one of the following events:

1) First college basketball game on FS1

2) First game of NFL Playoffs

3) Super Bowl

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. IMO, the 2010 package was very nicely done and has served Fox quite well over the past 3 years. Here's hoping the rest of this new package looks just as nice.

We've all seen the new ticker that debuted along with the launch of Fox Sports 1, but with the start of the NBA season, that design is starting to creep into the game broadcasts themselves:

oXnU5DJl.jpg

So far, that's the only sign of the new look in the game broadcasts; all of the other graphics still retain the 2010 design, but I have a feeling that this design is going to be going full-time across all Fox Sports properties very soon. The 2010 design is at the end of its cycle, and honestly, I'm amazed we didn't see this new design across all Fox properties at the start of the NFL and college football season. I'm guessing that the graphics weren't finished in time or something.

Local FSN NBA telecasts seem like a weird place for Fox to debut a new look, but that's probably why the other in-game graphics haven't been updated yet. My bet is that the new design will go full-time on Fox starting with one of the following events:

3) Super Bowl

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. IMO, the 2010 package was very nicely done and has served Fox quite well over the past 3 years. Here's hoping the rest of this new package looks just as nice.

The new look is ok. Well, scorebar, cause when I saw it the other day, it was just the new scorebar- everything else was from the last pack. I don't like how they decided to use a very light blue instead of white, makes it look cheap. They needed a completely different design/color scheme from the last graphics package (which has been tweaked- horribly to the point that it looks like crap). I wonder if they are considering going back to having separate graphics packages for FSN and the FOX network sporting events? Either way, let's see what they have in store for the Super Bowl and MLB next year.

3) Super Bowl

Fixed that for ya. If a full new look debuts outside of the Super Bowl, I'll be surprised.

Fixed that for ya. If a full new look debuts outside of the Super Bowl, I'll be surprised.

Exactly. CBS, NBC and FOX all debuted their current looks during their respective Super Bowl years, CBS chose the Super Bowl, NBC chose the NHL Winter Classic which was a month before the Super Bowl and FOX debuted their look at the start of the very season they were carrying the Super Bowl (my guess is since they were using a 6 year old look for football by then, they wanted to get the new stuff out asap), but the general rule of thumb has been to debut the new look at a marquee event.

Guest Former Member 207

I first saw the new NBA FoxBox locally during a Utah Jazz-L.A. Clippers preseason telecast last week on Prime Ticket; however, instead of the city/state names on the scorebar, the team names were there. The Clippers' first two games of the regular season are TNT games (last night vs. Lakers, tomorrow vs. Golden State), so we won't see it again locally until the Friday road telecast in Sacramento.

I Love that look for basketball, but until I see it, I don't know how this will fit all other properties like the NFL, baseball and NASCAR. The nascar package looks great the way it is right now, but the NFL and MLB bugs need updating, but I don't think white is the way to go.

Archived