WPIX finds "hidden vault"

MidwestTV

So WPIX says that they've found a "hidden vault" deep inside of their station.

http://on.aol.com/video/news-station-finds-hidden-vault-in-building-518063165?hp=1&playlist=127161&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D423369

What I don't understand is how that guy said that "the last time we think anyone was down here was in 2000."

So does that mean that there is NO ONE at the station that works behind the scenes that has stayed there for at least 13 years and knows of its existence? I was more interested until he said that, because up until that, it was being implied that no one had been in there since the 1950s or 60s, not "just" 2000.

But I don't even understand how you could forget that's there.

I got the feeling that this is just a promotional stunt to drum up ratings. It just seems like BS. Nobody at all was down there since the Y2K panic? (Maybe they forgot about it after having prepared it as a bunker, but that's laughable.)

Yeah it's just too unrealistic to be true. How does anyone just completely "forget" about some room in your building that has tapes from your station's earliest years? Surely every room in every television station anywhere would be marked down and accounted for.

I'm also calling bullshit on this one.

They go out of their way to note that this "hidden vault" contains the original masters to the Yule Log, yet I believe the current version was sourced from the original masters?

I mean, it's great they have a library and that they respect their history. Few stations can make that claim. But this is just a stunt.

Archived