Opening themes for daily radio current affairs programs

lukenews

I'm seeking examples of good opens (opening themes) used to introduce serious daily morning current affairs programs on radio. Such programs last for at least an hour, with in-depth verbal reports from journalists and correspondents, and interviews with newsmakers (politicians, leaders, industry representatives, etc). These programs set the news agenda for the nation and may be described as a 'flagship' news program. A possible example of such a program might be "Morning Edition" broadcast in the USA by National Public Radio, or "The Current" as broadcast in Canada by CBC. Such programs may begin with a newscast at the top of the hour before leading into the program proper.

I am not necessarily seeking radio stations that use sounders or opens from TV news packages to herald a radio newscast. However if a cut from a TV news package theme is used to introduce a serious morning news program on radio, then that is in scope.

I'm comparing these radio themes to see if there are any common elements.

Archived