KRON's Gary Radnich...

NewsRadioFan07

Maybe what he meant to say is that Gary Radnich left the set yelling "Frank and Julie, get ready cause im coming to town, good luck KRONey" and that Gary might be going to KTVU 2. Now im guessing he must have quit. You can't leave the set yelling that and expect to come back the next day.

Maybe what he meant to say is that Gary Radnich left the set yelling "Frank and Julie, get ready cause im coming to town, good luck KRONey" and that Gary might be going to KTVU 2. Now im guessing he must have quit. You can't leave the set yelling that and expect to come back the next day.

"Coming to town" is the confusing part for me. Wouldn't he already be in town?

Well he might be reffering to two things. Going to KTVU town/studios or going to Oakland, since that is where KTVU's studios are. KRON's studios are in San Francisco.

"Coming to town" is the confusing part for me. Wouldn't he already be in town?

Well he might be reffering to two things. Going to KTVU town/studios or going to Oakland, since that is where KTVU's studios are. KRON's studios are in San Francisco.

Correct. Oakland, San Francisco and San Jose are one DMA.

yeah he yelled that. i personaly think this is a major blow for KRON. Who's next, bets anyone? Moore? Wahl?

Well it is not surprising. People that work at KRON need a morale booster because of the bad working conditions there. Didn't the 5pm anchor for KPIX work at KRON? That just goes to show how some are jumping ship.

Well it is not surprising. People that work at KRON need a morale booster because of the bad working conditions there. Didn't the 5pm anchor for KPIX work at KRON? That just goes to show how some are jumping ship.

Yeah, Wendy Tokuda did anchor the 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. newscasts before leaving to re-join KPIX as the 5:00 p.m. anchor in April. They've lost Tom Sinkovitz, Brian Hackney, Liam Mayclem (not a real loss, but a loss nonetheless), Mark Mullen, Susan Blake, and Steve Raleigh all in the past few years. The only real stars they have left are Gary Radnich and Pam Moore.

As for Radnich going to KTVU...I'm not so sure of that. I haven't heard any rumblings about it, and it hasn't been discussed at all on Gary's weekday radio show on KNBR 680 (they did have a discussion about KTVU anchor Frank Somerville, but that's because a KNBR staffer was upset that Somerville was the keynote speaker at San Francisco State University's commencement ceremony). As far as I know, current KTVU sports anchor Mark Ibanez is pretty well entrenched there, having been at the station for something like 20 years. I don't really think Gary would be a good fit in the KTVU newsroom anyway, and I seriously doubt Cox would pay him anything close to what he's making at KRON.

What is keeping Pam Moore at KRON? She should be going pretty darn soon, avoiding that Twin Falls station in a San Francisco Market. And If any of you know what Twin Falls is, then you know what i mean!

Archived