Welcome back Craig Allen

kroc

It seems that Craig Allen, former Weekend weather anchor for CBS 2 from 1990 to 2006, has turned up on WNYW Fox 5 weekend news. He was welcomed by Reid Lamberty and Duke Castiglione, his colleagues from his days with WCBS 2. He appears to still be on the radio at WCBS Newsradio 880 (http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/2389.php?contentType=4&contentId=92939). He has been seen a number of time on News 12 LI after he left CBS 2 News.

I wonder what this means for Tracey Humphrey. She is still listed on the FOX 5 website as weekend Meteorologist.

Excellent to see him back on TV. It's good to get more and more true mets back on the air.

....and dressed sharply, IMO. I saw him at 10. I think the blue pinstripe combo was awesome, especially with their set.

What's wrong with you snob? It's getting boring.

I happen to think the Wragges and Goldbergs you seem to like, wear atrocious combinations. It's all in personal taste. What do you base your so -called expert opinion on. Sheesh, enough already. Nobody turns to a certain personality or newscast in general because of what they wear. I don't think Nielson created a demo for that yet. They watch people they like and trust.

Adjust the vertical and horizontal holds and color on your TV. Lee Goldberg has all of his suits custom-made by top tailors, Wragge just had a ton of brand news suits perfectly tailored to him; and Craig Allen? Wearing suits he bought off-the-rack in the early 90s when they were already out-of-style. Sure, it's all a matter of personal taste...and some people have huge collections of Precious Moments figurines or have broken-down cars on their front lawns. It's all a matter of personal taste!

And how nice that you just posted this...I am just about to do a big Men's Fashion Round-up over on the other thread...enjoy!

...and you know all this information....how?

You are obsessed man-or ma'am. You don't get a better weather report because you have the correct windsor knot----or a better field report because you're pants are so tight (and stuffed with a sock?)

that your crotch bulges out to the camera more than the mic. ;)

Give us a break with this stuff already.

You are obsessed man-or ma'am. You don't get a better weather report because you have the correct windsor knot----or a better field report because you're pants are so tight (and stuffed with a sock?)

No. She's just our resident troll. It kills her when no when replies to her silly rants. ;)

No. She's just our resident troll. It kills her when no when replies to her silly rants. ;)

To be fair, I did pollute this thread with one of my vicious, superfluous suit comments...but I don't get why anyone would get so outraged by the fashion thread. If you don't like it or don't care then DON'T click on it. Yet for some reason it is second only to the ABC fire post for # of hits...so, I guess we can safely assume that this site has its share of masochists.

OH...loved the crotch bulge/ microphone comparison BTW.

So ummm... getting back to the topic, have we confirmed whether or not Craig is freelancing, I would doubt this. If Tracey is gone, I have to say I wouldn't miss her because she just never came off very professional to me. I'll never forget the day I heard her give perhaps the worst tease ever "It's gonna be HOT, HAZY, HUMID we'll be right back" She seemed like she was shouting sometimes and her street, average-joe dialect came out WAY too much. In TV you're supposed to hide regionality accents and speak proper. She never did. Craig, helped by his work in radio was able to deliver properly, whether or not he will fit in we will just have to see.

Thank you 'username' for putting us back on topic and not worrying about who we'll watch because of an oxford or pinpoint collar :)

I was going to say a buddy of mine saw Craig Allen post on a weatherboard that he's freelance for the Summer, but Richard Huff of the Daily News got the scoop first, as usual :)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/06/05/2007-06-05_summer_forecast_has_allen_back_in_view-1.html

I must tell you folks...Craig Allen is one of the nicest, most professional meteorologists and just simply all around good guy. Its great to have him back on NYC television. Now here's a reason to watch WNYW's newscasts.

Archived