WCBS 1992 News Theme

News Music Now recently added the short lived WCBS 1992 News Theme by Metro Music to their collection. I thought this was a nice sounding theme package, but like I said it only lasted for a year in 1992. To my surprise it's a well rounded package with at least a dozen cuts on the site. One cut missing is that suspense, the edge of your seat open for the 6:00 news. The web is filled of every other era of WCBS except for the 1992 era. There is a YouTube from a 5:00 newscast in December of that year basically using the close for the bumper; there are opens here and there but no closes or any other full newscasts.

On YT/NewsActive3 (where he needs to put better metadata/tags IMO) had a patriotic promo with Hal Douglass v/oing a few words during the hard times of NYC and the music that plays, is actually a cut of this package. The "Here's 2 You" was in reference to the stations 50th anniversary, which was 1991.

EDIT: Finally found the clip

[yt]Vlq-pIpfbv4?t=1m18s[/yt]

Archived