Global Toronto chief anchor Leslie Roberts suspended over conflict-of-interest concerns

ED2

A Toronto Star investigation has uncovered Leslie Roberts' ownership of a Toronto-based PR firm whose clients have appeared or been mentioned several times on various Global Toronto news programming.

Roberts is the anchor of the News Hour on Global Toronto, and the national edition of The Morning Show on the Global Television Network.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/01/08/global_tv_anchor_leslie_roberts_suspended.html

That's too bad. I thought he was a great news anchor and should be credited for a lot of Global's success in Toronto. It's unfortunate his mistake cost him his career.

It's interesting how it appears Global has acted swiftly in this case of conflict of interest compared to the CBC. I don't know if it matters now if Global ultimately pushed Leslie Roberts out, or if Roberts went and resigned anyway expecting the findings of the company's investigation, their chief news anchor in Toronto is gone.

Now, is Global Toronto going to find someone internal or external to replace Leslie. I'm not sure if anyone in their current anchor roster would be suitable, and it's too bad Anne Mroczkowski was turfed about a year ago - she would have been able to anchor the News Hour solo...

Archived