WTWO off air

who?cares

While channel surfing i stop on WTWO (channel 3 on cable), and it was blank. Here is the quote directly from mywabashvalley.com (their website)

We are aware of the loss of signal from WTWO-TV. We are diligently working to remedy the problem. We are still broadcasting on digital channel 36.

Maybe Channel 10 has decided to get them back from their horrible yet funny our weather team is better than your promo. ;D ;D

While channel surfing i stop on WTWO (channel 3 on cable), and it was blank. Here is the quote directly from mywabashvalley.com (their website)

We are aware of the loss of signal from WTWO-TV. We are diligently working to remedy the problem. We are still broadcasting on digital channel 36.

I think that the mywabashvalley.com website is the worst TV station website I have ever seen. It hardly mentions the station itself, and it doesn't show the logo. As somebody who went to school in this area, I can attest to how bad this station was/is. I don't think that they're even in stereo, much less high definition...

NEW INFORMATION FROM WTWO!!!

WTWO Signal Update: The staff at WTWO is awaiting delivery of parts necessary to repair our transmission line, which was damaged by weather. We hope to be back on the air on channel 2 on Thursday afternoon. We are still broadcasting on digital channel 36 and Dish Network. Some cable companies have been able to utilize our digital feed for their customers. We will continue to broadcast some WTWO programming, including all newscasts on our sister station, WFXW.

~ from mywabashvalley.com

I thought they didn't loose transmission since their transmitter is right next door to them over a corn field!

NEW INFORMATION FROM WTWO!!!

WTWO Signal Update: The staff at WTWO is awaiting delivery of parts necessary to repair our transmission line, which was damaged by weather. We hope to be back on the air on channel 2 on Thursday afternoon. We are still broadcasting on digital channel 36 and Dish Network. Some cable companies have been able to utilize our digital feed for their customers. We will continue to broadcast some WTWO programming, including all newscasts on our sister station, WFXW.

~ from mywabashvalley.com

I thought they didn't loose transmission since their transmitter is right next door to them over a corn field!

Geez, Good thing that I have dish, and get the st louis channels as channel 2, and we don't get fox 38.

Yet another reason to watch WTHI, at least they can stay on-air.

mywabashvalley.com is a horrible site, and i think WTHI is much more dignified tv station in the Terre Haute market.

I know. WTHI was always the clear front runner in that market, both in terms of technology and production values.

I used to wish American Cablevision would add ch.6,8, and 13 from Indy just so I could watch stations with better production values and stereo sound. Well, they added those channels in 1988, but I understand they disappeared a couple years later due to SyndEx (except ch.6, which they had to keep for ABC).

Back then, WTWO still used weather maps with magnets, and WBAK (now WFXW) had zero local presence or personality, since that station had no newscasts.

I lived in TH from 85-94. Yeah, WTWO sure did have the magnetic weatherboard. I saw things fall off it during newscasts sometimes. It was a real scream.

Before the 1980s, WTWO had become the real leader in TH. TV-2 Eyewitness News was usually rated #1, and they were the first to get color cameras -- in the 1970s.

But by the time I got to TH, WTWO had been bought by a succession of companies that spent no money on it. It really showed by 1989 -- no live trucks, news themes all cheap, all graphics and news opens done in house. They were a real joke. But I watched them, in no small part because I never liked Mark Allen much over on 10.

Mark Allen used to be GM at WTWO (and a news anchor there before that). When the whole syndex thing came in and suddenly I couldn't watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine at a sane hour on an Indy station, and instead had to watch it at 2 am Sunday or some such nonsense, Mark Allen spoke on behalf of all the TH stations to say that this was their right, and they were going to take it whether we liked it or not. He came across like a smarmy little weasel. So when he went over to 10 as the primary news anchor, the bad taste in my mouth was enough to keep me away.

10 used to have this delicious weekend anchor named Jennifer Crawford, though, and I watched her any chance I got. :-)

jim

I think that the mywabashvalley.com website is the worst TV station website I have ever seen. It hardly mentions the station itself, and it doesn't show the logo. As somebody who went to school in this area, I can attest to how bad this station was/is. I don't think that they're even in stereo, much less high definition...

your 100% correct, it's sad when I say this, but they put more money into their Dumb promo's lashing out at WTHI than they do on the station. No stereo STILL and their digital signal, well lets just say your lucky to get it in south Terre Haute or Sullivan (all only 8-10 miles away from tv station and transmitter)

I lived in TH from 85-94. Yeah, WTWO sure did have the magnetic weatherboard. I saw things fall off it during newscasts sometimes. It was a real scream.

Before the 1980s, WTWO had become the real leader in TH. TV-2 Eyewitness News was usually rated #1, and they were the first to get color cameras -- in the 1970s.

But by the time I got to TH, WTWO had been bought by a succession of companies that spent no money on it. It really showed by 1989 -- no live trucks, news themes all cheap, all graphics and news opens done in house. They were a real joke. But I watched them, in no small part because I never liked Mark Allen much over on 10.

Mark Allen used to be GM at WTWO (and a news anchor there before that). When the whole syndex thing came in and suddenly I couldn't watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine at a sane hour on an Indy station, and instead had to watch it at 2 am Sunday or some such nonsense, Mark Allen spoke on behalf of all the TH stations to say that this was their right, and they were going to take it whether we liked it or not. He came across like a smarmy little weasel. So when he went over to 10 as the primary news anchor, the bad taste in my mouth was enough to keep me away.

10 used to have this delicious weekend anchor named Jennifer Crawford, though, and I watched her any chance I got. :-)

jim

yeah TV-2 was by far the best in town until Jonny Palmer retired, I almost feel sorry for Tom McLanhan for what he has to work with.

yeah TV-2 was by far the best in town until Jonny Palmer retired, I almost feel sorry for Tom McLanhan for what he has to work with.

I really liked ol' Johnny, as old school as he was, and I watched 2 most of the time. But while I lived there, everything they did seemed so much smaller market than they were. The Hulmans were spending money on 10 in those days and it showed.

jim

your 100% correct, it's sad when I say this, but they put more money into their Dumb promo's lashing out at WTHI than they do on the station. No stereo STILL and their digital signal, well lets just say your lucky to get it in south Terre Haute or Sullivan (all only 8-10 miles away from tv station and transmitter)

I hope that most people, who are so inclined, can receive WAND, WTHR, or WFIE via an outdoor antenna and receive NBC HD programming that way. That way they can bypass this lackluster WTWO nonsense. And I am just floored at the lack of even stereo audio.

Mark Allen used to be GM at WTWO (and a news anchor there before that). When the whole syndex thing came in and suddenly I couldn't watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine at a sane hour on an Indy station, and instead had to watch it at 2 am Sunday or some such nonsense, Mark Allen spoke on behalf of all the TH stations to say that this was their right, and they were going to take it whether we liked it or not. He came across like a smarmy little weasel.

I HATE SyndEx rules for exactly this reason. Terre Haute is too small a market to have only one set of network stations on cable. When I was there, Terre Haute network program preemptions were a regular event. I think that happens less nowadays, but now you have other issues, like the sound and picture quality things that have been mentioned here.

I'm amazed that they kept WXIN (Fox) on Time Warner in Terre Haute as long as they did...or did they just black out the 8-10 p.m. content every night like some cable systems do, so they could protect WFXW?

I hope that most people, who are so inclined, can receive WAND, WTHR, or WFIE via an outdoor antenna and receive NBC HD programming that way. That way they can bypass this lackluster WTWO nonsense. And I am just floored at the lack of even stereo audio.

Down here in the southern part of the WTWO viewing area, we have WFIE on cable but not the HD feed. WFIE's signal is the highest tower of the Evansville stations, but it really doesn't get this far north for the HD signal. A lot of folks do pick up WAND on the IL side of the border, and it wouldn't suprise me if at least east of Terre Haute that they can pick up WTHR out of indy as it's only 55-60 miles from Downtown TH to I-465 on the west side of town.

Many people complain about WTWO, but i have found one good thing about WTWO they are all family.

At 11:35 they announced that Dana Winklepleck will be moving to the Morning Show with Julie Hendricks.

Archived