WYTV New Set

news89

On Monday 9-14 at 5am WYTV will debut new set, logo and graphics. Which in the photos is improvement since moving over to the WKBN building in Dec 2007. They have broadcasted in the newsroom since then. The link here is photos of new digs. http://interactives.wytv.com/photomojo/gallery/37630/1/wytv-new-set/wytv-new-set/

Yes very small studio. They had a larger studio at the old Shady Run Road site. I know MG has till end of 2016 or early 2017 to end JSA with WKBN.

WYTV can still be run by WKBN but only as an SSA, meaning that Vaughan (WYTV's owner) will have to handle its own sales department.

They're changing a lot around at YTV.. Stan Boney, long time evening anchor, announced on his facebook he'll be moving over to 'KBN anchoring the 10 pm and 11 pm newscast; while Dave Sess stays on the 5, and 6 pm. Also, WYTV no longer has a 5:30 pm newscast, instead WKBN extended their 5 pm to a full hour. I really like WYTV's new set and graphics.. beats the hell out of WKBN's green screen...

I know WYTV used the new set and gfx Sunday at 11, not sure about 6 pm or Saturday. I wonder who will anchor 33's 6 and 11--maybe they'll scrap those broadcasts altogether and just keep the morning show since that's the only one doing decent in ratings. Also, I wonder when Erika Thomas will anchor, if she plans on staying.

Hang on, here's Boney's replacement: http://corban-baker.com/

I know WYTV used the new set and gfx Sunday at 11, not sure about 6 pm or Saturday. I wonder who will anchor 33's 6 and 11--maybe they'll scrap those broadcasts altogether and just keep the morning show since that's the only one doing decent in ratings. Also, I wonder when Erika Thomas will anchor, if she plans on staying.

Not sure I believe football ran over on Sunday. 33 News Daybreak I believe is the only daypart doing well. As someone who use to live in that market WYTV has been the odd ball station since 1997. When they dropped the "Eyewitness News" branding. Then to Newschannel 33 till 2004. Then in 2004 went to 33 news that was"Straight to the Point". Heck from 1997 to 2004 the station had the morning news on and off the air a few times. In 2007 when they moved up the street to WKBN it was all over. I do believe MG has to end the JSA in late 2016 or early 2017 Now that I have lived in the Youngstown, Steubenville-Wheeling, Charleston-Huntington and now in the Cleveland market. I don't miss the Ytown Market that much. All we don't need is Nextstar and Sinclair in the ytown market. Ok, rant over.

Hang on, here's Boney's replacement: http://corban-baker.com/

I doubt that WYTV can scrap newcasts due to the "before GMA, before World News Tonight, before Kimmel" rule most affiliates that aren't KDNL have.

WYTV's new look really isn't that bad from what I can see online.. I feel they have a lot of potential from ABC's high ratings from GMA and World News Tonight.. Although I'd love to see YTV separate from WKBN, I feel like the Youngstown market can't support 3 separate stations.. If MG invested as much in YTV as they do in WKBN it could be rather competitive. For example have two anchors at 6 and 11.. Lauren Wood or Julie Bercik would be a great fit, not a huge Erika Thomas fan..

Archived