FX Network Broadcasting Colorbars?

Weeters

For the last few hours, FX Network has been broadcasting colorbars. Anyone else getting this? I'm pretty sure it's not a cable issue because:

• Usually, the screen is black if it's a cable issue.
  • Time Warner Cable commercials, and commercials originating from TWC occasionally will run.

007ex6.th.png

It came back around 10 PM Central last night. I think it was Time Warner's fault because a couple times the colorbars would flicker off and be a black pulsating screen (like equipment was starting up), then return to colorbars.

Superstation WGN had problems yesterday. I was watching and it was a black screen that had small text in the upper left corner saying "No Singal" or "Weak/low signal". I missed part of my show. :) It lasted for several minutes then on and off for a while.

Superstation WGN had problems yesterday. I was watching and it was a black screen that had small text in the upper left corner saying "No Singal" or "Weak/low signal". I missed part of my show. :) It lasted for several minutes then on and off for a while.

That sounds like your cable provider (if you have cable, that is.), not WGN. I get that sometimes with my non-local cable channels (Discovery, Food, Bravo, etc.) when it's really stormy and windy.

Guest GForceTV

I like that G4 breakdown caption. It's clean, simple, and it explains exactly what is going on. Judging from the network's website, it's also the best thing that's ever been broadcast on the channel.

I like that G4 breakdown caption. It's clean, simple, and it explains exactly what is going on. Judging from the network's website, it's also the best thing that's ever been broadcast on the channel.

Hahahaha! Does anyone even watch G4? ???

Hahahaha! Does anyone even watch G4? ???

Heh - I still watch them on occasion for old episodes of Star Trek: TNG, but that's it.

unrelated, but, I'm getting this on G4:

snapshot_j_20070627_.jpg

G4 and FUSE did a digital upgrade and changed their uplink site. What you saw was your cable company had not upgraded to the digital platform. The analog platform had either a slate or bars on it originating from the uplink.

Archived