You’re Watching the Fox 25 News at 11?

TexasTVNews

As if the Herald was not busy enough breaking FOX 25 news today, they also say that they have word that FOX is looking to add a half hour 11 PM news show. The move would bring in lots of cash, with advertisers paying big bucks during news programs rather than the other syndicated shows that now run on FOX at 11 PM. Not only that, but FOX may want to create an even bigger gap between themselves and their competition at other stations in the ratings department. The question is, would the new FOX 25 11 PM show take a bite out of the big 3’s 11 PM news? The Herald’s sources say the show may launch this fall, but their article also mentions that WFXT says they have no plans to expand their evening news.

PM Update: When I spoke to some FOX spokespeople, I too was told that FOX 25 has no plans at this point to expand into an 11 PM show. So, as usual I will keep an eye on the situation and will bring you updates as needed.

Archived