WVUE's Darrell Greene heading to Orlando

PelicanGuy

Courtesy www.EmmisSucks.com

If you haven't been to this site, check it out. It's hilarious and paints a picture of Emmis Communications from the viewpoint of current and former employees.

As the managment at WVUE continue to let go of more people and run the station into the ground, morning anchor Darrell Greene has decided to jump ship and go to Orlando. What station he's going to, I don't know (Orlando folks, help me out). This comes several weeks after Fox 8 didn't renew the contracts of weekend sports anchor Damon Darrensburg (who is now at WGNO as a producer) and sports director Eric Clemmons (whose contract ends next month).

One of the comments:

"I can tell you the firings of the two sports guys have opened a lot of eyes over at WVUE. Just read the comments on the NOLA page. And if you didn't know Morning show anchor Darrell Greene is leaving for Orlando. He told me from his own mouth, 'I wasn't looking for a job until I saw how they treated Damon and Eric. That let me know they didn't give a f**k about how they treat people.' Mimi Strawn and Vanessa Oubre are running this joint into the ground."

From the webmaster himself:

"As for DG's departure, I for one am not surprised. A few years ago DG confided in a small group of broadcasters that He moved from sports to Anchor because he had a felling what was going to happen to sports and he would only stay at VUE long enough to build a segment on his resume. I thought this blog would slow once we were down to one cube but Emmis will not got out with a whimper but a scream. Till the end we will continue to cover that sucking sound from Indy. Row on."

I for one would not be surprised if WVUE comes in dead last when the ratings come out later this month...supposedly.

Stay tuned.

Archived