WBRZ New Graphics

newsn8te

Looks like WBRZ ditched their RenderOn package for a cheaper, flatter variation.

They're still using Impact.

Opinions?

I have two opinions on this:

-Graphics are not that bad

-The open was kinda short. I was expecting for three coming up stories, but there was only one for some reason. Other stations use national headlines as their top stories.

Another station goes minimalistic without knowing a thing about current design trends.

Boring.

Not so.

I agree with TVLover8528 about the short opening, but the color and the font are an improvement over what they had before (blue background with white lettering).

The red color and font WBRZ is using at least don't scream "breaking news" like other stations do. A fine example: On "2une In" (WBRZ's morning show), whenever they display "breaking news," the phrase itself appears in red lettering, but against a white background. In that case, WBRZ's anchors also do a nice job of delivering such "breaking news" calm and professionally on-air, instead of delivering them in a loud and fearful tone....

Archived