New Fox News newsroom

atlnews2

The current news room is dark and down in the basement. This plan would put them on the second floor of 1211 Ave. of the Americas, allowing more natural light.

The studio off to the side appears to incorporate outside views and glass. Kind of reminds me of Sky News' new digs.

The current news room is dark and down in the basement. This plan would put them on the second floor of 1211 Ave. of the Americas, allowing more natural light.

The studio off to the side appears to incorporate outside views and glass. Kind of reminds me of Sky News' new digs.

I didn't know their newsroom was in the basement! I guess after 20 years it was time for an upgrade, and with all the money FNC makes it's not like they can't afford it. The current newsroom reminded me of the old background Sky News used for their general news programs before they got their new studio. These renders remind me of the BBC's newsroom, only smaller, and with Sky News' glass box set like you said. And I'm guessing they'll do general news programming like America's News HQ, Happening Now, and America's Newsroom from here once it's ready?

And I'm guessing they'll do general news programming like America's News HQ, Happening Now, and America's Newsroom from here once it's ready?

I'm guessing it may be a return to the newsroom for Happening Now, which left a few years ago. America's Newsroom would make sense because, well, it's in the name. ANHQ Just broadcasts from whatever studio is deemed fit at the time, usually J.

Speaking of which, Studio J has been the go-to studio for FNC programs for a while. It's about time it sees an update.

• 1 month later...

They have moved out of the basement newsroom... pretty strange to see it all dark and empty in the background.

[MEDIA=twitter]878362553205768192[/MEDIA]

They've moved to a temporary newsroom, and will stay there for a year.

[MEDIA=twitter]877558278364041216[/MEDIA]

Archived