An Affair to Remember?

KCET

Post your comments on the KCET "Life & Times" blog: http://www.kcet.org/lifeandtimes/blog/?p=197

[real=475,325]rtsp://kcet.rmod.llnwd.net/a411/o2/ltt/ltblog_villaraigosa_hi.rm[/real]

Toni Guinyard reporter notes:

Most of us found out about the Mayor’s situation when we read about it in the newspaper, but a number of people I’ve spoken with say that they knew about it months ago. The subject actually has dominated blogs long before it was published in the newspaper.

It made me wonder what went into the decision by the L.A. Daily News to pursue and publish the report. I don’t make a practice of interviewing other reporters, but in this case, I was curious about the effort into confirming details of the report.

Beth Barrett is the L.A. Daily News staff writer who broke this story. She describes journalism as a “one-on-one” sport and believes that her series of reports offers a broader picture of Mayor Villaraigosa.

Archived