WITI Website Mistake?

Weeters

As far as I know, WITI is owned by Fox Television Stations, Inc. Their website, however, in a contest disclaimer, clearly states:

Employees of New World Communications of Milwaukee, Inc, Wisconsin State Fair, Wisconsin Bakers Association and their respective affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of each, are ineligible.

Is that just because someone hasn't taken the time to update it since FOX bought New World, or is New World Communications back and the new owners?

I think all of the ex New World stations do it.

yes, because at the the end of every newscast, KDFW has a lower 3rd that has what's coming on next and at the very bottom it says © 2006 NW COMMUNICATIONS OF TEXAS, LTD. or something like that but I know that it does have NW COMMUNICATIONS OF TEXAS in it. btw, when I first started watching KDFW, I thought NW stood for northwest and i was confused. ;D

It's the same for WJW at the end of their newscasts: Copyright 2007 New World Communications of Ohio, Inc.

It's likely no different than WTOV saying "Copyright 2007, WTOV Holdings, Inc." New World Communications of Wherever would still be a subsidiary of News Corp; the name is just a holdover. I don't know why some stations are run as a part of a group and some are part of a local corporation or limited liability-- the reasoning behind this would probably be interesting-- but it's not uncommon

Archived