Is Dale Hansen planning to leave WFAA?

jdcnow

Fellow DMA-6ers, if you have watched WFAA like I have, you know that Dale has been noticably absent from the 6pm and Update (10pm) newscasts most every night for quite sometime now. I've even gotten used to watching "Joe Trahan's Sports Special" every Sunday night after the news. This has been going on for weeks, if not months.

He reminds me of my brother: here for a week, then gone from anywhere between 3 weeks to a month and a half. Then same song, next verse, repeat the chorus, everybody now!... Seriously, if he's going to quit WFAA, he should do it now, while the retirement of Troy Dungan is still fresh in everyone's minds. This would be the perfect time for an out, if Dale wants it. I wonder when Dale's contract expires.

If I were Dale, I would quit simply because I by now would have long ago gotten tired of Pete Delkus taking joking pot-shots at me during his weather report that were only half-heartedly funny and questionable at best.

Dale has his opinions, as he is entitled to have. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. One could choose to like him, as I do, or not to like the guy. But like him or hate him, one simply has to admit that Dale has been an integral part of the reason why WFAA has been such a successful powerhouse news operation down through the years.

I for one, would hate to see Dale go, but if he wants to, now would be the time, if his contract would allow it. And unlike Troy Dungan's replacement, Dale would have a high-quality replacement in Joe Trahan. Joe is watchable, likeable, and seems personable and approachable.

That's my $0.02

Archived